Welcome to the RRPictureArchives.NET contributor site of Don Hummel, Jr..
I spent some of my childhood in Delawarewithin viewing distance of both the Pennsylvaniaand B&O lines near Newark, DE, hence the interest in these Eastern lines and their successors.
I was fortunate enough to live within easy driving distance of:
- CSX mainline from Harper's Ferry and Brunswick to Washington D.C.,
- The Old B&O main line from Baltimore to Point of Rocks, MD.
- The very beautiful B&O Railroad Museumat 900 W. Pratt St. in Baltimore,
- The Western Maryland Railroad Historical Society's museum in Union Bridge, MD,
- The Maryland Midland Railroad, based in Union Bridge, MD.
- and the tourist line - Walkersville Southern based in Walkersville, MD.
until a few months ago and a job relocation forced a change of scenery.
I am now in the Dallas area:
- within 2 miles of BNSF line from Carrollton to Dallas
- short distance the Grapevine Vintage Railroad - a fun tourist line
- driving distance away from Union Pacific lines near Denton.
Some model railroads that are noteworthy that I have enjoyed are:
- Triangle and Western RR on Belair Rd., Northeast of Baltimore - nice permanent HO layout spanning Baltimore area, through mountain terrain, and into the steel mills of Pittsburgh.
- Baltimore Society of Model Engineers on W. Saratoga St. in Baltimore with two large permanent layouts. One O guage and one HO - lots of trains, trolleys, multi-track operation. In existence for over 50 years.
- Western Maryland Railway Historical Society's Modular Group's layout - set up at various shows and venues in the area - well done modules based on WM lines through Md, Va, WVa, and Pa.
- Four County Society of Model Engineers - modular layout set up at various shows and venues in the area - very well done modules featuring Western Maryland, B & O, Chessie, CSX,Maryland Midland,Clinchfield, and the Pennsy.
You may browse my collection of pictures via the menu located on the left hand side of the page. I hope you enjoy the collection and thanks for stopping by!